Saturday, February 13, 2016

Love for Fighters

My love for aircrafts and fighter planes was altogether put into a completely different level during my Under Graduation days. All thanks to my friend Mr. Neil Mehta, this guy since then has been a source of motivation for me and many others as well. This one is for you buddy.

The Sukhoi Su-30MKI (NATO reporting name: Flanker-H) is a twinjet multirole air superiority fighter developed by Russia's Sukhoi and built under licence by India's Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the Indian Air Force (IAF). A variant of the Sukhoi Su-30, it is a heavy, all-weather, long-range fighter. (source wiki).

GrabCAD has been my best source for finding CAD models and it never disappoints me. The actual CAD model was quite big so I had to scale it down to fit the geometry in my domain and mesh it.

Actual CAD geometry : GrabCAD
snappyHexMesh_1


snappyHexMesh_2
Finally simulations were complete. Presenting to you Flow over an Sukhoi Su 30 MKI  with Streamlines.

Streamlines over Sukhoi Su 30 MKI

3 comments:

  1. This a awesome :)
    Waiting for the results
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Priyanka :). Will update the results soon.

    ReplyDelete